Friday, November 14, 2008

Would you like some cake with your whiskey?

I bought this pretty guy before Halloween...
Mainly because I was so excited to chop him up and cook him...
I didn't know one pumpkin would make so much puree. I utilized one cup for the cake that follows and another 10 cups of puree is sitting in my freezer. Baby food, maybe?
I also made some of these...
It all started when I found a recipe for pumpkin cake with whiskey-whipped cream topping. I knew that would be a hit with the group I cook for, so I have been so eager to make it. Rebecca flew in Wednesday night for the Marine Corps Ball this weekend, so everyone came over Thursday night for dinner. Inside the cake are raisins which you soak in whiskey for a hour. Then, you whip cream with 2 tablespoons of whiskey. Only, I didn't think there was enough whiskey, so I added another tablespoon. Only, I STILL didn't think there was enough whiskey, so I poured some more in straight from the bottle. The cake was amazing and you have to try the recipe (I will post it soon). The whipped cream, however, is another story. Shaun said the cake was an alcoholics dream come true. Was that a compliment?

No comments: