Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change


I have to admit, I was a little nervous last night with the outcome of the election. I don't know if it was because, personally, I don't feel Obama has enough (if any) experience to lead a country, or because this man who doesn't support what the military is doing, is my husband's new boss. The anxiety I felt last night is very out of character for me. It is well known that I don't really stress about anything. I am one of the few first-time parents who never worried that Emily was going to stop breathing during the night, and I had no problem taking her out in public that first month or letting other people hold her. Don't think I'm a bad parent, I just feel very natural in my new profession. Plus, someone please tell me how you avoid taking a newborn out of the house if you have other children at home (not that I do, but still.)

Sorry, this post is suppose to be all about change, not my parenting style. Moving on... For the past 24 hours, I have been thinking too much about the change Obama wants to bring about. After checking up on the blogs that I frequent, I was reminded by many of the women to trust in the Lord and how important it is now to stand behind the man who has been elected to run our country. I mean, isn't one reason we all love our country so much is that something like this can actually happen? But I wonder... how possible is change, really? Especially on such a big level?

Then, the unimaginable happened... I (the biggest procrastinator ever) started shopping for Christmas presents. And the Lord reminded me, in a very odd way, that change is possible and sometimes a good thing.

No comments: