Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rub a dub dub, there's a duck in the tub!

Tomorrow is a big day... besides being Thanksgiving, my little one is turning 6 months old. I can't believe how fast time has flown by! I would say there is no way it could have been 6 months already, but there is no other explanation for how huge Emily is. Here is a picture from Emily's first bath. It was taken with our video camera, so it is not good quality, but you get the idea...
The next picture is from her bath yesterday. Look how much she has grown!!! And check out the big girl panties that are painted on. And, no, she is not grabbing herself.
As you can see, she is getting a little large for her bath chair. She is such a wiggle worm now, and every time she moves, her bath chair almost topples over. I decided it was time for a big girl bath, and one of the our friends recommended the following bath tub. I couldn't wait to get home and get to use it. We even got some bubble bath for the occasion! I have to say, seeing Emily in her new bath tub for the first time ranks as one of my favorite memories. She loves being able to sit up, splash around, and play with the bubbles. Oh, and the bubbles! It was so fun to see Emily trying to figure out what the bubbles were all about. I mean, she sees them, but she can't really grab them like she grab toys. I'm sure it is confusing.
She loved the tub the second she got in. She splashed around and inspected all the bubbles. I gave her a bubble hat, and then she leaned a little too far forward and face planted into some bubbles.
Just leaning back, relaxing...
How cool is this duck??? You just fill up the tub, and there is a hole in the bottom, so the duck fills up, too. The hole can be plugged up, so the duck can be self-contained if you want it to be. It also has an inflatable pad in the bottom, so it is really comfortable to sit on, or so I imagine.
You can tell she was enjoying her little spa. Oh, what a life!
We can't wait for bath time every night now!!!

No comments: