Saturday, November 1, 2008

Won't you be my neighbor?

It is a very exciting time right now in the Wetzel household. What is going on, you ask… our friends are coming back to town!!! Two of Daniel’s best friends happen to be stationed at Camp Lejeune, as well, and both of them are about to return from Afghanistan. Last night, the first of our houseguests arrived. Jolie drove all the way in from Texas and will be taking up residence, with her husband Jarrod, only 2 blocks away. Yes, that means 3 friends from college will be in a quarter mile of each other. I already know there will be some crazy times to come in Sneads Ferry.

Our week at a glance…

Monday night - Jolie arrives

Tuesday - Jolie signs lease

Wednesday night - Rebecca arrives

Thursday - Rebecca signs lease and we start moving her into her house

Friday - Continue moving Rebecca in and make signs for Shaun’s homecoming

Saturday - Shaun’s homecoming

Sunday - Start moving Jolie into their house

Shortly after - Jarrod’s homecoming

This will be my first military homecoming. I am already prepared to cry my eyes out because I know it will be very emotional. Plus, at the rate military families have children, I know there will be many a marine coming home to meet his new child for the first time. How heartbreaking will that be to watch?!? There are no pictures on this post, but I guarantee there will be TONS from Saturday. The camera is charged and ready to go, and I can’t wait to share this special day with all of yall!

No comments: