Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh, what a night!

Just in case Emily hasn't surprised you by all the new things she has done this week, she decided to pack in one more milestone. I know this should have happened a long time ago, but it was truly my fault. I didn't want to give up my little cuddle bug. I mean, who am I going to cuddle with now when I sleep? I'm sure you can guess what she did by now... yes, she slept in her OWN bed for the first time, and she slept through the ENTIRE night. All 11 hours of it! I have to say, I didn't quite know what to do with myself, but Roxy and I sure did enjoy all the room in our big bed.

I tried to get her to sleep in her own bed a three nights ago, but she wouldn't have it. I soon realized that I, too, would put up a fight if I had to go from sleeping in a big king bed that feels like a giant pillow to sleeping on a firm baby mattress. Then, two nights ago, Roxy and I somehow got kicked out of the room because Emily couldn't sleep with us in there, and so we cuddled uncomfortably on the couch all night. Baby in bed, mom on couch... I decided this didn't make sense, so last night I made her bed really soft with a whole bunch of blankets, and she told me "good job" by drifting off to sleep without making a peep.

Now I get to look forward to being greeted every morning by this cute little face...

No comments: