Friday, November 14, 2008

I love my camera, but my baby is fat.

In taking to all things motherly, I decided it was time to upgrade the camera beyond the basic point and shoot. I got a snazzy new camera for my birthday (thank you, Daniel!) and I absolutely love it! It has such a fast shutter speed, which is amazing. My favorite thing to do is to take about 50 pictures in a row of Emily to catch all of her expressions...We went into Wilmington tonight to a Thai restaurant to eat with Jolie, Shaun and Rebecca, and some of Shaun's friends from work. There were 16 of us, so it was a lot of fun. It just so happens, there were 2 other babies in the party. The mothers all took a picture at the end while we were the guys to bring the cars up front. I just want to point out the ages of the babies - Emily (on the left) is 5.5 months, the middle baby is 2 months, and the baby on the right is 7 months.
So... baby on left 5.5 months, baby on right 7 months.
Why is my baby so FAT? I mean, her face is completely round. And, check out those fat rolls on her arms and thighs. You can tell me she is healthy all day, but we never run into babies that are her age and are that size. A nice lady in the restroom tonight told me she had a 10 month old who was the exact same size. Until I looked back at this picture tonight, I never thought she was fat. I guess Daniel was right when he told me I was in denial about her size.

No comments: