Monday, November 10, 2008

Rice Cereal

We recently started rice cereal, and boy was it an exciting day. Our pediatrician told me I could start Emily on it anywhere between 4 and 6 months. Do you know how long this is in a baby's life? I was hoping for some more guidance than that, so I consulted with a few mother's on knowing the right time to start – they can't seem to get enough to eat, they can sit up on their own, they become very interested in what you are eating. Someone please tell me if they know any 4 month old babies who can sit up on their own? In the end, I decided to wait until she was 5 months old.


Everyday around noon we sit down in our new high chair and eat some rice cereal. I give her about 10 little spoons of it, and only about 25% of that amount actually gets eaten. She really isn't getting any nutritional benefit from it. It's more just for her to get use to eating off of a spoon. She seems to enjoy it, and Mommy loves the photo op!

These are from another day...

No comments: