Thursday, November 20, 2008

Poons, don't you know

When I was little I couldn't pronounce the "s" in the word spoon. My family tried so hard to get me to say it correctly. Sometimes they would pretend they didn't know what I was asking for, which was suppose to encourage me to say it properly, but it never worked. One night, my parents had dinner guests over and they were telling them how I couldn't say spoon. They thought it was so funny and called me into the room. They told me to say spoon, and I said, "spoon." Take that mom and dad...

I remembered this story tonight when we were over at Jarrod and Jolie's for dinner. I pulled Emily out of her car seat and wanted to show Jolie how we were practicing sitting up (we have only been at it for one day now). All she can really do is sit, leaning forward at a 45 degree angle, with someone right behind her in case she topples over. But instead, she did this...
"What mom? Why are you surprised?"

Videos to follow.

No comments: