Saturday, November 1, 2008

Funny Genes

You know what I don't think is fair? That only your children can inherit your characteristics and not your spouse. I mean, shouldn't that be some part of the marriage covenant? Like when you marry, you can inherit three qualities you deem necessary. Here are my picks...

1. Your knack for coming up with creative songs that fit the situation at hand (because who is to sing to the kids when you are gone?)
2. Your patience with your parents (because we both know how little I have)
3. Your funniness (because life is just so much better with it)

My new interest in photography has lead to my perusing of photography blogs at night to get ideas. From one blog, to another, to another, I came across the thing I have been missing thus far in life (I already have the guy, the dog, and the baby... I just need something to pass time until your return.) It's a blog called “c jane enjoy it” and I'm in love.

I first found her after reading some of her sister's blog. Her sister, Stephanie, is this gorgeous mother of 4 young children, who was recently in a small airplane crash with her husband. Steph is the exact replica of what I always imagined the beautiful me should look like... dark hair with freckles (I don't know why, but I always wanted freckles.) Plus, she always dresses her family in the most beautiful vintage duds (did I just use the word duds? See, I have already read too many blogs) Anyways, they have both been in critical condition since August 16th. It is such a touching story (I will tell you more as time passes) that I have been keeping up with their recovery, which led me to “c jane enjoy it.”

C Jane has a touching story, as well. Her husband and her have been trying to have a child for 5 years. The thing is, is that she is mormon, so most of her siblings have at least 6 kids, with her older sister leading that pack with 8, which couldn't make fertility struggles any easier. I guess what comes from having such a big family is that there are more people to pray for you. I really admire the strong faith she has, which always leads me to think about my own. Anyways, they got pregnant, thanks to many prayers, by many people, and had their first baby this past May 26th. One day before Emily!!!

To, soon, bring this rambling to an end... I have come to envy her. She has the funniest blog that keeps you begging for more. I had this grand idea late, late last night, that I would start a family blog about our everyday adventures, and everyone would love me because I was so funny. I would become the new rave of the blog-o-sphere (and yes, that is a word). My life was starting to have meaning when I realized... I don't know how to write or be funny. Which leads me back to my first comment... why couldn't I get your funny genes when we married? My life would be so much better then!

No comments: