Saturday, November 8, 2008

Milestone reached: Spinning

What?

You haven't heard of this as a baby milestone?

Well, actually, I haven't either. It definitely isn't in any of our baby books, but I have no clue what else to call it. Emily isn't crawling, that's for sure, and she isn't even scooting. She has no clue how to get her big, fat tummy off of the ground, so you can imagine how this causes some problems in the mobility department. She has, somehow, figured out how to spin around in a circle while on her tummy and pick up distance. Sometimes she evens moves a foot, or two, while doing this.

My next door neighbor hosted a jewelry party tonight, and Emily and I were in attendance. There was another mother there with a son who was 4 months old. He has figured out how to scoot everywhere on his back. She literally put him down on the ground, and before we knew it, he had moved about 10 feet, all while on his back without using hands! I couldn't believe it. I guess they all have their own way of moving before they learn to crawl.

Oh... and while on his back, he scooted towards Emily and they reached out for each other and held hands. Just don't tell Daniel!

No comments: