Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blanket Thief

I have a security blanket. And, no, I'm not 5. It's half for security, half for functionality (it doubles as a pillow topper). When I got married, it suddenly started to go missing whenever Daniel made it to bed before me. What is it about my blanket that makes a big, tough, marine need to cuddle with it? He would lay a guilt trip on me, saying we are suppose to share everything in our marriage. (Did I agree to that?) Well, I went in the room the other day to check on Emily while she was sleeping, and she somehow got a hold of MY blanket and was curled up with it.

She hasn't picked out a blanket, or toy, that she is partial to, yet. My blanket better not be her choice. My mom thinks it might be because it smells like me, so she likes cuddling with it. That sure would be sweet! But, she still can't have my blanket. If anyone gets it, it's this little one...

Who am I kidding? She can't have it either.

No comments: