Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pizza Faces


One of my mom's favorite activities is cooking in the kitchen with children. She cooked with me, she cooked with my cousins, she cooked with friend's children, and now she is getting the chance to cook with her own grandchildren. Every time we go to visit she has some new recipe she wants to try and last trip was especially exciting... pizza faces!


The recipe called for making faces on pita, but I insisted on using pizza dough. You want to know the secret to the easiest pizza dough in the world? Go buy some raw dough from your local pizza shop. But you have to go to a local shop, not a chain. Doughs are generally made the day of and kept in the refrigerator. Basically, it is the same dough you would make at home only without any work. I don't care how few steps and how easy homemade dough is to make. If you have to knead it or it takes longer than 5 minutes to be ready then it isn't worth. Why go to any extra work if you can buy the same stuff already prepared? Moving on...

Here are some pictures from the fun activity. The girls are still talking about it! I suggest you try it with your kiddos soon!!!


No comments: