Sunday, September 18, 2011

Letter C

I figured I should get letter C pictures up here before we got any further. It was a slow week and we took a couple days off here and there -- that is the nice thing about homeschooling. We ended up finishing our week on Saturday, which didn't seem to bother anyone, since Daddy was at work all day. I didn't take as many pictures, which was nice because I really got to enjoy each activity with Emily. I know a few certain people are interested in what we are doing, but maybe from now on, I will only show a few highlights. And we don't tend to get out of our pajamas until after the school day is over. Sorry about that.

More of the girls room to come later, but for now...



We concluded the week by reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar and doing a few activities. It was so much fun! I can see how a curriculum like Five in a Row can be so loved. It just feels like it would be a lot of work to me, though. We already had the book and Confessions of a Homeschooler already had all the printables we used. To do the year-long curriculum, though, it would require me to go to the library each week and then plan out activities, and a lot more activities at that. An ideal curriculum would allow me to have everything together before the school year starts. I do like the idea of stART projects (story + art). This seems like something easy that could be added to any curriculum.

Hungry Caterpillar graphing...
Hungry Caterpillar lacing...
And, of course, we had to make our own hungry caterpillar.


No comments: