Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My 3 year old isn't obsessive compulsive, at all

First I was impressed, when at a little over 2.5 years she was producing work like this...


I mean, look at some of those letters...


And then I started picking her up from her little class at church and looked at the other kids' work. The lady actually tried to give me a coloring sheet with scribbles all over it. I wanted to say nicely, "That is not my daughter's." This was...


But I realized things were getting bad when this worksheet took us some time because every sticker had to be perfect.


I have had a slight problem with perfectionism my whole life. Unfortunately, Emily received every gene associated with it. Such a long and frustrating life ahead. She gets so upset, at the ripe age of 3, when she messes up one thing when she is coloring, or now, writing. One wrong move and she wants to throw the whole sheet away.

The next one in line will be a tornado, though. She probably won't care about a thing.

No comments: