Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's on the table

So this was going to be a one-time post, but I realized that there were quite a few recipes I wanted to share, so instead, I am turning this into weekly series (or probably bi-monthly, at the rate I post).

Once upon a time I had a cooking blog, but that all changed when we had kids and life started getting busy. Plus, I started this family blog and I couldn't keep up with two (much less one). I still love cooking and we really try a lot of new recipes at this house. I honestly don't know how people have meals they cook weekly. The most I can cook any recipe is twice a month, and that is for very few meals. I would get really tired of eating the same thing. When I am on top of things, we generally eat 2 old recipes a week and the rest are new. Obviously, some turn out to be losers, but when you find a winner it is nice adding a new recipe to your repertoire.

I know I have said many times recently how much I ADORE pinterest. Really, if you are not on, you should change that immediately. Go to pinterest.com and sign-up and start pinning any craft, fashion, decor, or recipe idea that catches your fancy. And, oh the recipes!!! Although one or two have been serious disappointments, most of the recipes we have tried have exceeded our expectations. Here are some things we have tried around here lately that we have LOVED...

I would have to say this has been the biggest winner. We love wings around here and I have tired numerous recipes for baked wings. (I refuse to fry things.) So many have been flops and haven't been what we were expecting. This recipe, however, has become an all-time winner. We have made it with actual wings, but we also cooked it for a big group on the grill with drumsticks. Both were incredible! Please try IMMEDIATELY.


Daniel does not like eating hearty dishes in the summertime, and although it is now fall, with the weather the way it has been I thought he wouldn't go for a vegetable chowder. But, hey, I am the pregnant lady with all the cravings, so I made it anyway. It was EXACTLY what I wanted and he couldn't stop raving about it. I suggest you try this soon and feel healthy for all the vegetables you are eating (but you must forget about the butter, milk, and cheese).


We made these breaded shrimp for the shrimp parmigiana sandwich from the same food blog. Although the sandwich was good, we are more shrimp po-boy type of people. We will definitely be keeping this recipe for breaded shrimp, though. I cannot tell you how easy they were and how fast they disappeared!


This loaded pasta salad is a wonderful lunchtime meal for the summertime, although it will stay on our menu all winter around here. And talk about healthy! It definitely won awards all around.



No comments: