Monday, August 15, 2011

Multitude Mondays - Week Twenty


341. catching up with old friends before the fall busyness begins

342. button-tab pants and shorts (They are the only reason I have anything to wear at 21 weeks pregnant. Why is this my third pregnancy and I still don't have any maternity clothes that fit that are in season?)

343. growing more and more confident in telling people we are homeschooling

344. a completed schoolroom... for right now (It is quite sparse, but we only need the basics for pre-k. I know we will accumulate more as the year goes on, including artwork, so I am trying to not get ahead of myself. It feels wonderful to have everything in place, though.)

345. two girls who still take naps (Olivia just gave up her morning nap. I have been letting her sleep in until 9am, though, to counteract this. Late, I know, but only 1 hour later than she was sleeping. At least they both take a good long nap in the afternoon. Mommy needs that time!)

346. having Daniel around a lot (Again, I know I said I hated his work schedule. I do. I hate the schedule of the days he works, but the days he doesn't work are wonderful. Out of a 28 day cycle, he has 14 days off. I'm sure you can imagine how much Daddy time we are getting right now. It has been so wonderful to see how much he is getting to bond with the girls, and I love having him around, as well.)

347. getting into a routine of my own, despite Daniel's work schedule (I know I have talked about before how badly I need my quiet time in the morning. It truly sets the whole mood for the day. It would be easy to accomplish if I would just go to bed at the same time every night. I have been praying about waking up early, and God recently told me I needed to be praying about going to bed early -- that is the key to it all. Shocker. I have managed to start getting in bed by 10:30, but I think to get up when I want to, I need to make it in earlier, around 10pm. Baby steps, though. Anything is an improvement, and I am already reaping the benefits.)

348. Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit (How do you underline in blogger??? This probably has been one of the best books I have ever read, only because I feel like it was written directly for me. Everything I have been struggling with is covered in this book, and have already learned so much. It has been the perfect book at the perfect time as we get ready to start this year. This year will be so basic for Emily, and perfect for me to get my feet wet. Outside of the educational aspect, I hope to learn this year to control my irritability, impatience, and frustration. This book has helped me realize that I need to alter some expectations that I have, and I couldn't be more excited to start the school year!)

349. free meals (We have been trying to be good and not spend much this month. We have really been feeling the hit of an increase in gas prices, our electric bill, and our water bill. It is always nice to get a free meal and luckily we got to have a wonderful Sunday dinner with Daniel's parents and his grandparents.)

350. memorizing scripture (I think Bible memorization is so crucial to the life of a believer. It is mentioned multiple places in the Bible about the importance of meditating on His laws and commands, but how can we do this is we are not familiar with the Bible? The more I plant to memory, the more God calls to mind at the exact time I need it. I have been reminded so many times in the past couple of weeks of biblical guidance and it is huge comfort to have an answer sitting in my head when I need it most. It develops a thirst to grow deeper and deeper in my faith every day, and I pray that my children will have the same experience.)

No comments: