Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chores

Since I am in the process of getting everything in my life in order, it was time to whip those kids of mine into shape, as well. They have to be useful for something, right? I kid... sort of. In all honesty, we are big on chores in this house, but it hasn't been until now that Emily could really start to carry some of her own weight around here. I knew she needed some sort of visual to remind her of all we expected, and I knew exactly where to go -- Pinterest.

A couple of months ago I discovered a new love. Pinterest. Have you heard of it? If you rely on the internet as much as I do, you absolutely must check it out! I have always read a lot of interior design blog, food blogs, and parenting blogs. I find so many great resources, but the problem is that there is no way to remember everything you read. I always star posts in my reader, but there is no efficient way of scrolling back through for all of those wonderful ideas. Or, I remember vaguely something I saw somewhere and I can never seem to track it back down. Enter Pinterest. Basically, you tag one photo from the article and it saves it to a bulletin board of sorts. That way, you can scroll through and look at one picture to remember a whole post. You can also type in a search term and see all the things other people have "pinned" to their boards. This is really my go-to website now. I have gotten the most amazing projects and recipes. It is a simple way to organize everything in my life that is online. Here is the link to my boards... http://pinterest.com/ecwetzel/.

Anyways, I knew they would have some great ideas for chore cards, and I was not wrong. I found a couple I liked, but ultimately settled on this idea. I was having some crazy problem printing, though, so I made my own based off of the above idea. I added two more cards that were needed in our life... feed Roxy and pick up books. I am quite happy with the results. Plus, I am utilizing some of the millions of dollars I spent on scrapbooking supplies in college that are now just sitting in our art closet. To make these extra durable, I am lamenting them.

Once I find a good home for them we will get started on our new chores. I can already feel some of my responsibility lifting! I will let you know how it all goes.

ps - When I was uploading this picture to the computer, I found so many other good pictures on my camera I had forgotten about. I guess that is what happens when you take such a long blog break. Looks like I have some blog posts to write.

No comments: