Saturday, August 6, 2011

Multitude Mondays - Week Nineteen


331. vanilla chai lattes (Coffee makes me sick when I am pregnant, so this is my go-to pregnancy drink. It is nice to have it back in my life again. This past week I have been making a cup, completing my Bible study, and still finding an hour to myself before the girls wake up. Can't ask for much more!)

332. a wonderful week of Daniel working days (Oh, goodness. Have I talked about how much I loathe Daniel's schedule? It needs to be a blog post itself. I keep praying and praying for a change of jobs, which should hopefully be coming soon. I think it is wreaking more havoc on my life than it is on his. This past week, he thankfully was working days, which means my life runs smoother. I can get up with him and start the day off right. When he doesn't work days, I end up sleeping late and I don't get any quiet time in the morning, which results to a bad day from the start.)

333. lemon water (I hate water. Absolutely hate it. Like I hardly even drink any, even when I am pregnant. I know, I know. I swore Emily was going to come out all shriveled up. Luckily she didn't and neither did Olivia. I am trying to make a conscious effort to drink more and luckily a little squirt of lemon juice makes it go down a whole lot easier. Lord, thank you for lemons.)

334. a new washer with a hand wash cycle (So, it isn't exactly new. It is a hand-me-down, but still a huge upgrade from out low-end pair we bought when we got married. I have been really wanting a washer with a hand wash cycle and this lucky girl finally got one!)

335. Getting passed down furniture from my mom (I am so excited. This week we are getting a media cabinet that will go in our study/schoolroom. This room have long been overlooked in our house since we moved in. We won't be using it for "media" reasons, but as storage. Once I get this piece in place, I can put the whole room together, which will be a huge relief. This room sort of makes me sick anytime I walk through it right now.)

336. visiting with my grandmother (My grandmother is definitely close to the end of her life, and I feel so blessed that we are now in driving distance. She has played such a huge part in my life and I am glad we get to see her more. Plus the girls love seeing her, as well, and I know she finds so much joy in listening to her great-grandchildren play right in front of her.)

337. Daniel's week off (Okay, so I know I said I hated Daniel's schedule. I do. The only perk, and I mean ONLY is that he gets one whole week off a month. I know. Crazy, right? This week we have so much planned and will hopefully get a lot done around the house. Definitely a blessing because I am sure that only having weekends off would mean less productivity in the house department.)

338. Our close friends from NC, the Boyle's, experienced a fire in their new house this past weekend. Unfortunately, they lost everything. As unfortunate as the situation was, I find it such a blessing that they all made it out of the house safely, especially given how fast the fire overtook their house. The Lord definitely had his hand in that situation, but when does he not?

339. Dinner with a long, lost cousin. (Tonight we are having a cousin of mine and his wife over for dinner. We practically grew up with each other and haven't caught up in a long time. I am really looking forward to their visit and getting to know his adorable wife. Plus, they are pregnant with their first child and due only a couple weeks after Wetzel #3 should be coming into the world.)

340. Only one child getting hand, foot, and mouth disease. No more explanation needed.

No comments: