Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Multitude Mondays - Week Eighteen


321. Getting closer to other women in Houston. (Geez, it takes long to make good friends in the civilian world! We knew a lot of people in Houston, but I want friends who I can see on a regular basis and are going through the same stage of life as me. I had a wise woman tell me that the key is to get involved in an organization and be on the leadership board. Slowly, I am getting to know some women in my mothers group and being involved has definitely helped. I am really looking forward to creating some lasting friendships.)

322. Getting back on my organizational kick. (It's amazing how much better I feel emotionally and how much smoother things run around the house when I am organized. I truly think it is the only way to stay sane with little runs running around. )

323. Conviction to homeschool. (I never, in a million year, thought I would be homeschooling my children. It is definitely something the Lord places on your heart and I cannot wait for this season of our life to begin.)

324. Having an opportunity to attend a homeschooling convention. (I had been waiting all summer for this. It was a smorgasbord of homeschooling options and helped me look into many curriculums I had been researching for some time.)

325. Attending a seminar for preschooling parents. (It was a wonderful way to get my heart in the right place and realize some of my expectations were set a little high. I feel more confident going into this year knowing what I learned from the seminar.)

326. Hearing Sally Clarkson speak. (Wow, this lady is vibrant! She is nothing like I expected. It seems like we had a similar college experience, which gives me motivation that I can somehow be a similar godly example and raise my children for His glory like she has. I really don't know any women like her, but if she could do it, so can I. If you are a young mother and ever need encouragement, I highly recommend reading any of her books.)

327. Playing outside when we can. (With the weather as miserable as it is, it is such a blessing to have a tolerable day outside every once in a while. We have particular enjoyed playing in the sprinkler lately.)

328. Olivia's curls. (I am not quite sure where they came from, since I had straight hair until I was in my 20's, but they are so sweet.)

329. Emily's sweet spirit. (It is a reminder from the Lord for me to be patient and really watch my actions. She wears her heart on her sleeve and can be hurt by even a wrong look, which makes me all the more cautious with my responses to both of my girls.)

330. Being on a tight budget. (We are doing a no spend month, which is exactly that -- no spending except on required items... food, gas, etc. That means no eating out, no shopping, no "but we really need this," because if it won't kill us, we don't need it. As difficult as it is, it is a blessing to take some time away from a consumer attitude and enjoy more family time.)

No comments: