Saturday, March 13, 2010

She's here!!!

Olivia Anne Wetzel
Born Friday, March 12th at 8:22 am.
8 pounds, 12 ounces
21 inches long

The pregnancy massage worked wonders! She said I should expect to go in to labor in 6-8 hours. I woke up a little after midnight thinking it didn't work, but sure enough, by 2:30 I was in labor.

The delivery went great -- I didn't scream at all (unlike last time), Daniel got in from the field in time, and the epidural was amazing! I feel 100 times better than I did after Emily's birth. I think it might be because I now know what to expect. Olivia looks like a clone of Emily, which we think is really amazing, but sometimes freaks me out.

Emily seems somewhat interested in Olivia...
But most of the time, just has a look like this on her face...
I will post more pictures later. We already feel so bad because at this point we had about 1000 of Emily. I guess that is what happens with subsequent children. To see more from Olivia's birthday, go here.

We got news right after her birth that a cousin on Daniel's side was born at 8:23 the same morning. They are one minute apart. How cool is that???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!!!! we are the exact same way about the pictures with asher! those poor 2nd borns :) sending lots of prayers and love your way. praying for emily too. the first week was the hardest with cailyn as far as her "wanting mommy" all the time. i so wish we were closer. you're an amazing mom. love keeping up through the blog.

Cupcakes and Combat Boots said...

YAY!!!! I was thinking of you and wondering if the massage worked or not. Olivia is beautiful! You and Daniel sure do make good babies. :) I'm glad you're feeling well and it was all relatively easy. You actually make me want kids because you make it look so easy!