Thursday, March 11, 2010

I stalk Aggies in my spare time

No joke.

It's so crazy being 1500 miles away from home and seeing Aggie stickers and flags all over the place. I would guess there is a larger representation here from A&M than any other university, including the Naval Academy. Or maybe it is just that Aggies have more school pride and want everyone to know where they went to school? Within a one block radius of my house, there are at least 9 Aggie families. One block. Can you believe that?

It always made me so excited when I was walking and I would see the Aggie symbol somewhere. One day, I decided to make it my mission to meet all the Aggies around me. When you from a school where people say "howdy" as they pass, it doesn't seem too odd to go door to door introducing yourself. And that is exactly what I did. Plus, it was right when football season was starting up, so we wanted to invite all the Aggies in the area to watch an Aggie game at our house.

We met quite a bit of people this way and did have our get together. It is a running joke now around here that if an Aggie moves to the area, just give me a little bit of time and I will seek them out. There is my neighbor behind me, who was out of town for a month. I checked everyday to see if her car was back, and when she arrived I went over to say hi. Then there was the couple whose door I knocked on probably on 5 occasions. I finally tracked them down in the grocery store. Thank goodness for Aggie shirts. When they told me their last name at the grocery store, I told them I had been by there house quite a bit to meet them. (Our last names are all hanging in our yard on base.) I'm sure I would scare someone who attended another college, but I feel it is understandable coming from A&M. Or at least I hope.

The whole point of this story is to rave about my labor-inducing massage I just received. A new Aggie friend was the one who gave me the name of a masseuse known to work magic. The masseuse said that the massage is almost 99% effective and labor should start in 6-8 hours. This should be interesting. We will see what happens. If anything, I have never felt more relaxed before. This actually was my first massage ever, and quite a memorable one at that, especially if it works.

I asked her before it started what she did, and she said, "I rub down all your female organs." Interesting. I didn't know what to expect, but turns out, it was just your female organ pressure points in your arms, legs, and back. She was rubbing a knot in my leg for a while and when I asked what it was she told me, "that is your uterus." Again, probably wrong wording. I don't care what she calls it though, if it works!

6-8 hours. Here we go. One last meal out, a nice shower, and getting Emily ready for bed. Hopefully this will be an eventful evening.

Where would I be without Aggies?

No comments: