Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She is finally in love

I have wanted to blog everyday since we have been home. Time isn't necessarily the issue, but the amount of material I have. There is just so much to say! Baby steps...

After the initial shock of realizing that Mommy's tummy really wasn't called "Olivia" after all, Emily has finally warmed up to the idea of having a sister. It really only took a day, or two. I think she was more perturbed by the fact that Daddy left for a week (of training), and when she finally saw him again, he was hanging out with Olivia at the hospital. My mom picked Emily up from a friend's house the day Olivia was born and when they got home, she went into our bedroom to find me, and instead found Daniel's bag and his boots. She apparently was not happy he came home without saying hello. She gave him the cold shoulder for a good day before forgiving him. For all she knows, he ran off to hang out with Olivia for a week.

Everyday we have been letting her hold Olivia, and she has finally gotten to the point that she doesn't want to let go. It is so difficult to get the little one out of her arms. It is really sweet. And, whenever anyone comes over, she runs over to the baby pointing. "Look, Look. It's my new sister!" She doesn't say that (because she doesn't say anything) but that is what she is expressing with her actions.

Here are some pictures from the our second day home from the hospital. It was such a fun day! We got up and all got dressed for church (two girls to dress now in fun clothes!) and then went to the Officer's Club afterwards for brunch. I love breakfast buffets! Daniel was shocked at how much I ate after many months of having little room in my belly. I could have gotten another huge plate, but I didn't want to embarrass myself.

Our first family photo...
Holding lil sis...
Officially in love...

Fixing her headband, like any good big sister...

No comments: