Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Multitude Mondays - Week Eight

Every night our internet goes down at 8 o'clock on the dot. Literally. Every night. It is quite upsetting, especially due to the fact that this is around Emily's bedtime, so we have no internet during the most optimal time for us to get on and check our email or blog. During my brief career in the internet industry, I learned that the internet generally slows down in the afternoon when kids get home from school. I was questioning the cable guys in our area because I was really upset and they told me that when you live on base, the problem isn't necessarily school-aged children, but the thousands of single marines that live in the barracks on base. Apparently, they all eat dinner and spend the rest of their evening playing on their xbox that is hooked up to the internet.

Wonderful.

Sorry this is a day late...

172. the Internet, even though we often don't have it
173. that the week flies by even though the days sometimes don't
174. finding great prayer resources
175. our busy social schedule (compared to a year ago)
176. getting my first bag of hand-me-down maternity clothes
177. looking back in my prayer journal and seeing how my prayers have evolved over the past year
178. realizing that Jolie gave me a little snowcone machine (I have been craving them)
179. family pictures
180. watching our neighborhood coffee grow
181. watching our Bible study grow
182. slowly learning to not make assumptions
183. nesting

holy experience

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Liz- when we were living on post at Ft. Hood, we had the same problem. Ty checked the internet speed and it was WAY WAY WAY lower than what we were paying for.... When he asked time warner about it, they basically said that on post, they can get away with providing that promised internet "speed" to almost a whole block of on post housing.... So, you are paying for your own internet, but sharing with everyone;) It is BS.... Anyway, you look great!!!! Glad to see things are going well!!! When is the new baby coming??? :)