Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Multitude Mondays - Week Eleven

We truly have a lot to be thankful for this week. I cannot even explain how much our little dog means to us. We are one of those families who considers their pet a child, which I know is difficult to understand for those who don't do pets. I use to be obsessed with Roxy, but lately I thought I had become a little more detached after she declared Daniel the love of her life when we got married. He is definitely closer to her than I am now (which is very odd) but after last Wednesday, I realized how my life would not be the same without her.

She has truly comforted me through all the big things in my life. I got her when I first moved to Galveston and was living alone. I really didn't have any friends down there, so Roxy was a source of constant companionship. She moved with me back to College Station and was there with love and kisses as I went through the most difficult period of my life. We lived in 3 different houses in College Station before graduating and moving to Houston. Then she moved with Daniel to Oklahoma for 3 months before I ended up there. This is also where she became his dog. We, then, made a road trip across the US to settle in Sneads Ferry, NC and later moved on base. If you were counting, that has been 8 different houses in her short 5 years. She adjusts so well to change, and as long as we are by her side, she is content. She is so special to all of us and I hope we have many more years together!

215. that Roxy survived the dog attack
216. that the dog that attacked Roxy wasn't any bigger -- my attempt to save her would have been pointless
217. that the baby and I made it through with no injuries
218. that Daniel was getting off work when it happened
219. that Roxy wasn't too badly injured
220. that although Emily witnessed the whole thing, she doesn't seem traumatized
221. that Daniel kept a brave face through the whole ordeal so I wouldn't freak out (he later admits how scared he was for her)
222. that the kind-hearted owners offered to pay the medical bill
223. that I didn't go into labor because of the experience (although labor would be welcomed now)

No comments: