Saturday, February 20, 2010

Could it be time?

Apparently everyone is in shock that I didn't go into labor after my experience on Wednesday.

Actually, I am, too.

Yesterday I started to experience some things that brought on labor within 24 hours for my last pregnancy, which means it might be soon. Or maybe not. I couldn't be that lucky to get this baby out, right? I think it is every pregnant lady's dream to go into labor early.

I told Daniel, just to forewarn him and he started crying (sorta). Apparently, he hasn't had much sleep this week. Last delivery couldn't have come at a worse time for him. He had just gotten off 24 hour no-sleep duty. Poor thing slept in between my contractions, which meant, he only got a couple of minutes at a time. He is actually in bed right now. I'm hoping he catches up on his sleep. Not like that will help anything when we have a newborn in our house again.

Of course, this could all be wishful thinking.

Just in case, though, I ran around like crazy yesterday trying to do all the last minute preparations. Last time, I wasn't even packed for the hospital when my water broke. It didn't turn out to be a big deal, since you have more time available for your first pregnancy. Knowing this is my second go-around, and we have to get Emily situated, as well, I figured it would be in our best interest to have everything ready. All of our clothes are washed, our house is spotless (thanks to the coffee that I was suppose to host this week, but that got cancelled after the mauling), and clothes are packed for me, the new baby, and Emily.

Maybe Olivia could at least wait until Roxy goes to the vet today to have her drainage tubes taken out?




No comments: