Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting ready for a fast month

Do you know what happens in a month? My mom flies up to help out with the new baby. THE NEW BABY!

I can't believe that time is already here! I still have a few things left to do before the little one arrives. All of the newborn clothes, blankets, and burp clothes are already washed, folded, and put in their appropriate places (this was done Jan 1st). Now I just need to get out some of the big stuff. She will be sleeping in our room the first couple of months since I will be breastfeeding, so I need to set up the bassinet. I also need to order my diaper bag I picked out, along with a few other things.

And then one more deep cleaning of the house is needed. I was suppose to do spring cleaning this week while Daniel was gone, but we have been unbelievably busy. I haven't had a second to sit down and think. I always work better when the deadline is closer, so maybe I will clean all day before Daniel gets home tonight. We will see.

I have felt bad because I have been exhausted recently and haven't gotten much done, but during my lamaze class last night (more on that later) she said this was your body's message to slow down to prepare for what you are about to endure. I am taking this cue and sleeping whenever I am tired -- a luxury that will soon end. Wouldn't it be great if you could catch up on sleep ahead of time? Every new mother would really appreciate this. Unfortunately, no matter how much I rest right now, I am going to be exhausted in a month.

Oh, goodness. One month before my mom gets here. I know she can't wait to meet her newest granddaughter. I can't believe it was so long ago that this happened.
Is that really my Emily?

1 comment:

amy said...

Geezz loueeze, I somehow missed that you were having another estrogen american. Congrats!! I knew you were expecting, just didn't know you knew the flavor. Sisters! Wonderful. Beautiful. Enjoy friend.