Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What an imagination

I love seeing Emily play make believe. She just blows me away with what she comes up with sometimes. It is so easy to underestimate what is going on in that head since she is not talking!

On our dining room table, we have some little pine cones that are scented cinnamon flavor. She loves smelling them, so I usually give her a couple to play with. Yesterday, she was pretending they were soap bottles. Pine cones, really?

She would turn them over and pretend she was pouring something out of them, while making a "shhhh" sound...
Then she would rub her hands together...
And wash her face...
So cute!

I'm glad to know the brain is working, even though the mouth is not.

In other news, she has done wonderful while I have been in my photography class. She spent Monday at daycare and was so excited when we got there. I was talking to another lady who was dropping off her daughter and Emily ran up to me to give me a hug -- that's all. Then she wanted back down to play. When I walked in to pick her up, everyone there was upset and she was busy coloring a Christmas tree. It's no surprise to me that she loves arts and crafts, and I love the daycare because they realize what the kids enjoy doing, and they allow them to continue even when that time is over. You should have seen all she made while she was there. I always get the best ideas from them! They said she didn't even cry of get upset once. That is such a change from a couple of months ago!

Today she went to hang out with her best friend, Michael, so she obviously had fun. Tomorrow it is back to daycare, though. I wonder what fun things they have planned...

No comments: