Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas countdown

Look at that... Daniel is back home, and I am still blogging. Who would have thought?

We have really enjoyed having Daddy back in our lives. Emily pretty much was attached to his hip all day because I was doing my glucose screening (oh, pregnancy) and running the last bit of our errands. Between unpacking (Daniel got his bags - yea!), washing clothes, packing, returning library books, getting an oil change, and having friends over for dinner, we still managed to fit in some Christmas family fun. I have already mentioned how much Emily is enjoying arts and crafts, so I was really hoping she would be old enough to decorate a gingerbread house this year. Of course, I put it together ahead of time and spread icing all over the roof and let her go to town. She had a blast and covered every inch of the roof with candy. She was so proud of herself. It is so fun to finally start up family traditions!
We leave early tomorrow morning to head to Houston, and we cannot wait! Daniel was getting bothered by everything we have to carry in the airport, which is funny because I am usually carrying twice as much stuff. Then it hit me, he has no clue what I go through when he is not here. I usually have a stroller, a toddler, a dog (we always travel with Roxy), a HUGE diaper bag filled with every necessity, my camera bag, a lunch sack filled with goodies for the day, and our beloved blankie and teddy bear. When you go through security, everything has to go through the xray machine, so I end up carrying a puppy under one arm and a toddler under the other. And then we have to switch planes. Daniel refuses to fly anything but direct, so we only have one flight tomorrow and we are ditching the stroller because of it. I feel like tomorrow will be so easy. I guess you do what you have to do, right? It's something military wives know a lot about. It will be nice to have Daniel with us on this flight, especially since my belly will be taking up most of my personal space in the plane. Plus, we haven't flown with Daniel in over a year and a half, so it will be nice to take a family trip.

Next time I post, we will be in Texas!

1 comment:

amy said...

Y'all have a very Blessed and Merry Christmas!

Here's hoping our paths will cross again one day IRL.

Love and blessings to all three and a half of ya,
Amy