Sunday, December 6, 2009

Separation anxiety

Last year for my birthday I got a fancy new camera. I fell in love with this wonderful lady's pictures and aspired to be just like her. I can't figure out for the life of me how to take similar pictures of my family. I have read books, done online tutorials, and played around with every setting on my camera. I finally resolved to just take a class through our local community college. They offer a variety of photography classes through the continuing education program, but they are spaced out at the oddest times of the year and it has taken me a while to find one that I can attend. I am thankful to get this class in before the little one comes, but it will be quite intense. It is this upcoming week, Monday through Friday, from 9am to 1pm.

I have never been without Emily for such a long time before. I have utilized our on-base daycare before, but only for a maximum of three hours. She also has never been to daycare more than once a week, if you don't count me also going to the gym or to my Bible study, but those daycares are located where I am. You can only drop your kids off 3 times a week, if they aren't full-time, so Emily will be going Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30am to 1:30pm. (The other days she is staying with a friend.)

Oh, geez. I am already nervous just thinking about it. Please keep us both in your prayers. I will let you all know how it is going.

I'm sure this will be more difficult for me, but isn't that the way it always goes?

No comments: