Thursday, December 3, 2009

A letter to Daniel

I bet yall are all shocked that I have been posting so much recently. There is a very simple explanation for this... Daniel is out of town.

Actually, he is more than out of town.

He is out of country.

He is on a top secret deployment, which is why I haven't mentioned it until now.

The military has apparently found it beneficial to send 1st Lieutenants with no real deployment experience (unless you count partying at various ports around the world) to do their dirty work.

Sort of.

Truth is, he currently IS deployed. Although I don't know if you would actually classify it as a "deployment" since it is only for around 3 weeks. He could be training out in the field, in-state, for longer than that. He got tasked out to do a really cool trip (or so I think) and I am super excited for him. I'm not giving more details right now because you never know with the military.

Example - My friend Sarah took her son to get his first haircut on-base, and they sat the little guy in a chair next to his father. She said it was so adorable because they were both sitting there with capes on getting their hair cut. She pulled out her camera and they freaked out. Apparently, taking a picture would violate some kind of military safety regulation and they would confiscate her camera if she took a picture. Seriously??? She was bummed, as you can imagine. Like I said... you never know with the military.

All I say right now is that he had a long layover in Germany, where they had a chance to get out in town and grab some food. The group he was with all ordered a beer because, apparently, everyone else was drinking one in the restaurant at 9:30am, as well.

I have really gotten to talk to him quite a bit, so far. We usually chat online (oh, technology, how I love thee) when I get up and before I go to bed, due to the time difference. Although, currently, our chatting program is not opening for me, so I am going to write him an email... on here. Sorry.


Dan,

So, I could access every website tonight except gmail, so looks like I won't get to talk to you before I hit the hay. Sorry about that one. Probably is for the best, though, because I am beat after today. Emily's 18 month appointment went well. I will tell you all about it later. My appointment is tomorrow, and I am eager to see how much I have gained. Surely not eating Mexican food like I did in Texas will help me some. I love you and hope to talk to you soon. Call me in the morning (my time) if you can. It has to be between 8 and 9, though, because my Ob appointment is at 9:20.

Liz

ps - Emily actually sorted those spider shapes tonight. I didn't even ask her to. I thought it was a fluke, at first, but she kept doing it. Aren't you way impressed???

No comments: