Friday, April 10, 2009

There is no room in my freezer

We eat really well in this family. Like REALLY well. Luckily for my husband, I love cooking. It's unlucky for me, though, because last time I was pregnant and had the WORST morning sickness, I put things in front of my husband that he probably ate in college, but now aren't accepted on our dinner table. I guess I have set some kind of awful standard.

Maybe I just love food. Yes... I think that is it. I only cook the good stuff, so I can eat the good stuff. But, whatever. I'm happy knowing that my husband doesn't eat better anywhere else.

This post isn't even about my husband. It's suppose to be about my daughter...

I started with store-bought, organic (I know, I know) baby food when Emily started on the solids. Then, I read an article somewhere about how you can't trust the quality of fruits and veggies that they use in baby food, even the organic stuff. I mean, if you think about it, there is no telling if the fruits or veggies are bruised or discolored. I decided if we got the best, then Emily should get the best, too, so now for the past couple of months, this is what my refrigerator has looked like...
Once I am finally starting to get the hang of making all my own baby food, she has to go and grow up on me and start progressing to real food.

I guess I will have more room in the freezer now.

No comments: