Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to reality

Daniel started his first full day of work this morning. After two weeks of half days and two weeks of not going in at all, it's sad to see this little vacation come to an end. We have had a wonderful time, but it is also nice to get back into some sort of routine. I don't know what it is, but I become quite a blob whenever Daniel is home. Why would I want to be running around taking care of things when I could be sitting right next to him? Are non-military wives like this, or is it just because my husband isn't home much, so every second he is home I want to be glued to his side? And this is exactly why we need some more children. I just don't feel our life is chaotic enough. I thrive when it is chaotic.

Anyways...

We had a wonderful time in Myrtle Beach! A lot of Daniel's college friends came up (13 in all) and we stayed in the most amazing house. It was huge, with lots of bedrooms, lots of bathrooms, a big kitchen for cooking, a private pool right outside our door, and it was about 20 steps to the beach. We all got some sun, including Emily, who apparently tans better than anyone else in the family. She definitely loves the beach and the water, so we can't wait to take her back for more. It has finally started to feel like summer weather back at home, so I know we will make many trips to the beach (we are only 5-10 minutes away.) Last year at this time, I was about to pop out a youngster, so my beach-loving body was not very beach-loving at the time. Oh, but this year...

While on our way to Myrtle Beach, Emily learned how very fun it was to feed Roxy. Unfortunately, now Roxy ends up getting over half of Emily's food whenever it is mealtime.

This is something that Roxy loves, but us parents, not so much.

And, did you hear about the wildfires in SC? We drove right through them. They later had to close the exact highway we drove on because the fires had crossed it. Our beach house was south of the fires and luckily the winds were blowing north, so it didn't have any impact on our trip, but our heart does goes out to all of those who were affected.

No comments: