Saturday, November 20, 2010

Olivia

I am constantly amazed at my relationship with Olivia. It feels so weird because I don't love her the same way I love Emily. Don't get me wrong, I love her just as much, but it just feels so different. I don't know why, but I was expecting it to feel the same. Daniel keeps telling me all parents feel this way. I mean, it makes sense -- the Lord created her to be a different person, so obviously, I would love her differently. Daniel compared how kids love their two parents differently. I understand that Emily and Olivia have completely different relationships with the two of us, but unfortunately, I don't have that experience in my own life. My father passed away when I was four, so the active love in our household existed between my mother and me. I guess I just always thought you had one type of love for your parents and one type of love for your children. I didn't know it got this complex.

It has been wonderful to add this amazing creation to our family. Olivia surprises me everyday with how different she is from Emily. Every day I say, "I can't get over how different she is from Emily. When Emily was this age, she..." I know Daniel is getting sick of hearing me say this. Hopefully with i the third child (God willing) I will be over the fact of how different kids are. I just melt when look at pictures of her!
No teeth yet, but they are almost there...
This is by far my favorite face of hers...
I feel like she has a completely different look than Emily, but sometimes I look at old pictures of Emily and think they could be twins.
Those are definitely Olivia's cheeks, only, this is a picture of Emily. I can't wait to compare their looks in a couple of year!


No comments: