Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Houston = Civilization

The army wife I met when I moved to Houston came to me via a mother's group in SW Houston. The group is an online community of stay-at-home parents that plan all kinds of activities. I had been hanging out with her for a while, but had yet to attend and actual event. A couple of weeks ago, the girls and I met up with the other parents at Hermann Park to ride the train, have a picnic lunch, and play on the playground. It was really a wonderful day and we met some great people! Emily knew exactly where we were (right next to the zoo) and was talking about elephants the entire time. My military ID has yet to expire, so I figured we might as well stop in and say hello to the animals while we were in the area since it was free. It was a perfect way to spend the day, but after all the activities, I did not want to leave the house for a couple of days. I really need to start taking advantage of the zoo. We live so close, and with it being free still, it would be a shame to pass up amazing trips there.

It took quite a bit of coaxing, but Emily eventually crawled through the tunnel at the fish exhibit. She loves fish. I wonder where she gets it from.
Emily was very insistent on keeping the tickets in her pocket. She would pull them out about every minute, wave them around, then ask me to tuck them back in. Kids are funny.
Note to self: Noon to 1pm is the perfect time to hit up the zoo. All the animals were talking their naps right by the viewing areas. I have never seen so many zoo animals in plain sight before.
We had to stop and take a picture for Uncle Lucas who hates snakes about as much as Daddy hates spiders.

No comments: