Thursday, November 18, 2010

Multitude Mondays - Week Fourteen

I hope I never move again. Really. Since we got married, we have lived... 3 months in Lawton, Oklahoma, 3 months as vagabonds, 16 months in Sneads Ferry, North Carolina, 14 months on base at Camp Lejeune, and 6 weeks with the in-laws in Houston. Both of our college careers show similar lists. Is it too much to ask to just be in one place for more than 2 years? I haven't even lived anywhere more than a year and a half since I was in high school. We did just buy a house, though, so hopefully our record will be broken now for the longest stay. It would be so nice to get in a routine and stay in a routine. The thought!

We have slowly gotten back to some sort of schedule and I have slowly gotten over the decorating bug. Time to get on with our life! I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was starting up Multitude Mondays again. I am so overwhelmed with all I have to be thankful for, so I will just type up a brief overview right now. After that, I will start keeping track daily of all the Lord has blessed me with.

Here we go...

246. Seeing the Lord's hand guide us this year
247. A safe move with little loss of sanity
248. Daniel getting the job that we wanted after being in town only 2 weeks
249. Finding the perfect house for our family the first day out (it was actually the first house we looked at)
250. That the girls have adjusted so well with the move
251. Being closer to family and friends
252. Our experience with the Marine Corps
253. Meeting the most amazing women in NC -- the military wife is, by far, the strongest type of woman I know
254. Experiencing civilization again (even if our checkbook doesn't count this as a blessing)
255. Babysitters close by
256. Living close to 4 adorable little cousins who my girls LOVE
257. Getting plugged into this new city (slowly, but surely)
258. Finding an amazing pediatrician
259. Meeting a sweet woman in my Bible study whose son just deployed with the Marine Corps -- she allows me to stay connected, while I hopefully give her some kind of guidance from my experience
260. Learning how much Houston has to offer for young ones
261. Running into an old friend on a dark street while trick-or-treating (more to come on this story!)
262. A friend in NC linking me up to an inspiring mother in Houston
263. Facebook allowing me to keep in touch with all our military friends with a click of a button
264. The power of connections
265. That people actually still read my blog after my hiatus

holy experience

No comments: