Thursday, January 21, 2010

Charleston


I know, I know. I missed my multitude Monday's post.

Once you hear why, you will understand, though.

Daniel and I took our first ever trip alone. Did you read that? FIRST EVER! We have vacationed with family, vacationed with friends, and made many trips back home to Texas, but we have never vacationed alone. Due to military scheduling, we never got a honeymoon, and then a baby came around shortly after that, followed by a deployment, followed by life. I figured we needed to squeeze in some kind of trip soon, or it would be another year before we had another chance, due to our next little one arriving shortly.

As short as it was, the MLK holiday provided the only time to get away, so my mom flew up this past weekend and spent some quality time alone with Emily, which she loved, and Daniel and I headed down to Charleston. Charleston is an amazing city, and two days is definitely too short of a trip, but we had a great time. I feel like our whole trip revolved around eating, but that is one of our favorite things to do. It was so wonderful to go to nice restaurants and not have to worry about all the food/crayons/napkins that would end up on the floor. Unfortunately, there is very little room in my belly these days, so I didn't get to eat everything I wanted to, which was beyond frustrating.

It was so nice to not have any responsibilities that I somehow lost all motivation to do anything. I am getting sick of the disaster of a house I live in. Actually, it is not a disaster, at all, but I sure feel like it is. I just want to know that every inch of my house has been deep cleaned and there are no dust bunnies anywhere. Maybe this is nesting? I thought nesting was actually getting up and doing it, though. If I don't fit in spring cleaning in the next couple of weeks, then it won't happen until the fall. Daniel is going out in the field February 1st, and I do my best cleaning when he is gone, so maybe I will save spring cleaning for then.

Right now I will start with baby steps... I guess it is time to take down the Christmas decorations. In my defense, though, they were only up this long because I really wanted my mom to see them.


1 comment:

Michael DeSa said...

We LOVED Charleston :) Sounds like yall had fun!!