Friday, January 23, 2015

Gratitude Journal - Day 5

January 23   A gift in the kitchen. 

Since Clare is the fourth baby to grace this household, we have had a wide variety of temperaments to experience. Clare is quite easy and a delight to be around during the day, but the evenings get challenging, especially when I am getting dinner ready. My husband, Daniel, has been in Virginia for 3 months now in his new job while we wait for the house to sell. Dinner has to be made, since I have other mouths to feed, so Clare ends up crawling on the floor in the kitchen chasing after me and crying. In an attempt to appease her, I have a whole line-up of interesting kitchen tools to give her, but sometimes you have to bring out the big guns. As a last resort, I always know that a little playing in the refrigerator will bring me some moments of sanity.


No comments: