Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Day in the Life

I'm attempting to get back to my camera this year.  I rarely pick it up because of life these days.  In many ways, my iPhone has become a crutch.  It's always with me, so I jump to using it for everything.  My kids deserve something more from their childhood than Instagram books, and it would be nice to have some up-to-date pictures around our house.  The most recent picture on our walls is from when James was 6 months old.  He turned three in December.  There is just no excuse.  We have so many wonderful memories and I would love to remember those while I walk around our house.

With the decision to be more intentional taking pictures, I signed up for the Everyday Beauty photography workshop with Ginger Unzueta.  She has such an eye for seeing the beauty all around her, and I'm always entranced by her images.  She makes the most mundane instances absolutely beautiful.   Turns out, when you only pick your camera up for about 3 occasions a year, you become a little rusty.  I'm hoping this will be a good refresher to kick off a more intentional year.  I will be sharing some of my work here.  I completely forgot how to edit, so we will worry about that later.  Right now, I'm just trying to stop and develop and eye for the moment.  Let's hope we see progress!

--------------------------------------------



















No comments: