Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 14: Best friends

You know, a life without a best friend is a hard one.  Seriously.  I lived it and it brought me to my knees.    I was surrounded by an awesome group of mothers in NC and the move back to Texas was a rough transition.  We got involved in some things, but I wasn't finding anyone to become fast friends with.  I prayed.  And cried.  And prayed some more.  Then the Lord placed the coolest person in my life.

Jenni is another homeschooling mom in my area.  She sent out an email to the neighborhood mother's group looking for other homeschooling families about a year and a half ago, right in the midst of my deep prayers.  What are the chances, right?  She has the sweetest 4 year old son, Joshua, and a little girly girl of a 2 year old, Gracie.  We have the best conversations and I always fulfill my laughter quota with her.  Did I mention she is way cool?  Our children have a soft spot for each other, as well...



No comments: