Saturday, October 15, 2011

What's on the table

All of these recipes are thanks to Pinterest, my new found love. I guess it isn't really new, anymore. Let's just say the honeymoon period hasn't worn off yet!

I LOVE pumpkin, and although I do not bake, this is the one season I venture into baked goods and sweets. I have a go-to recipe for pumpkin muffins/bread which my family ABSOLUTELY LOVES. I will have to post later. Pinterest has helped me reach out to some other pumpkin products, though. The past couple of weeks we have made pumpkin gooey butter cake and baked pumpkin donut holes. Both were winners.



This appetizer is way too easy to not make, and it was gone in about 5 seconds. Everyone raved about it, which reminds me that I should make it again. Who wants to come over for a party?



I really don't understand pasta dishes in the crockpot. I think you could get the exact same effect if you cooked this before dinner on the stove, but let's face it... who doesn't love a crockpot meal? I didn't have to think at the dinnertime hour AND there was very little cleanup that evening. It was definitely a keeper!


We LOVE pad thai, so I am always looking for recipes to make at home. I refuse to cook with fish sauce or oyster sauce, though, after a bad recipe we tried once. It sort of makes it difficult to make pad thai when you refuse to touch a main ingredient. This recipe fit the bill, though, and actually satisfied our pad thai craving. We will be making this again really soon!


We love gyros and this recipe was easy to throw throw together and healthy. Good to have a recipe like this on hand when my Greek cravings hit.


We tend to stay away from cheap chain restaurants as much as we can, but there are certain times when a craving hits. I often want Chili's southwestern egg rolls, so I was excited to find a copycat recipe that I could make at home. These take the exact same! They are SO good!!! I have used large tortillas for dinner, but also small tortillas, which would be perfect for parties or football games. To make healthier, I wrap in tortillas, brush with olive oil, and bake them at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.


No comments: