Monday, October 10, 2011

Multitude Mondays - Week Twenty-Six

401. Olivia's new found love of playing with dried beans (We pour into containers, pour into more containers, and pour into even more containers. We generally are making some kind of soup or drink that gets passed out to everyone in the family.)

402. Getting a 24 hour stomach virus while Daniel was off (Although this sounds like bad timing, at least he was there to take care of the kids as I finished the cycle off. Olivia started with it on a Friday, Daniel was out on Wednesday, Emily experienced the least symptoms on Friday, and I was out for the whole day on Friday, as well.)

403. My cleaning routine (It always seems like such a disaster when we get back from any trip. I was slightly overwhelmed, but the cleaning schedule that I planned out previously has really helped me get on top of things.)

404. Getting to see cousins!!! (The Kenny's were in town and my girls LOVED getting to hang out with them. Emily had a huge grin on her face the whole weekend. Oh, how we have missed them!!!)

405. The Aggies winning... finally.

406. Celebrating my mother-in-law turning a year younger

407. Starting to read chapter books with Emily (Today we started our first chapter book. I have to say, it is such a delight to read a story that lasts longer than 5 minutes! I definitely wish I had started this earlier, though, because I can see she was ready for it. I had these plans of checking out a basic chapter book a week from the library, but we started and finished our book in the same day. We always check out so many books each week and by day 1 we have read them all. More chapter books will be checked out from now on, though.)

408. Crockpot recipes (It is such a blessing to have simple recipes that can be thrown together. Plus, I love the minimal clean-up. The little things in life that matter to pregnant women...)

409. Emily's sweet disposition. (I really think I may have the sweetest little girl in the world. She blows me away every day and makes my heart melt. If only I could figure out how to clone more children just like her.)

410. Sister hugs (It is such a blessing how much they love each other. I try to tell them often how lucky they are to have each other. I was an only child and would have loved to have a best friend who was my sister. Let's hope it stays like this for some time!)

No comments: