Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our growing girl

Emily's first month of life we were constantly being told she was underweight. Turns out, I was not making enough milk, so until she was 6 months old, I breastfed and supplemented with formula afterwards. Things worked out with Olivia and I have solely been able to breastfeed from the beginning. It still amazes me that her growth is solely a result of what I am providing, and it turns out that this time, I am providing PLENTY. The girl is growing like a weed. Newborn clothes only fit for a week, or two, and now she is on the verge of outgrowing 0-3 month clothes.

Last night when I put Olivia's sleeper on her, which was 3 months, I noticed that when she stretched out, she filled the whole sleeper length wise. If she grows anymore, she will be too tall to fit into it. I was telling Daniel that I took some pictures of Emily in the same sleeper long ago. Today I found them...

Only problem is that Olivia (on the left) is almost 6 weeks old, and Emily (on the right) was 4 months at the time. FOUR MONTHS.

This a a horrible picture of Emily, but you can even tell in these shots that Emily filled hers out to the same extent as Olivia does. How big is this girl going to get???

And don't you think they look alike? I love it!






No comments: