Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

My goodness! Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I cannot even begin to tell you how busy we have been! The last of our house guests finally left on Tuesday, so I feel like I have finally gotten a chance to slow down for a little bit. We truly enjoyed all the time we got with my mom, Aunt Kathryn, and the Wetzels. They definitely were all a big help and we had so much fun. Sometimes it is nice to get back into your old routine, though. Things have been going well being without any help. It seems like 23 hours of the day are a breeze, but it is that last hour where things get difficult. I guess when it rains, it pours, right?

We had such a wonderful Easter! It finally is starting to feel like spring around here, and Sunday was absolutely beautiful. Emily woke up and played with all her Easter loot, then we got ready for her Easter egg hunt.
She seemed to enjoy hunting for eggs. It took way longer than I expected, though. She would find an egg, then open it up and inspect what was in it before moving on to the next. As Daniel's father pointed out, you can take your time when there is no competition.
After our Easter egg hunt, we went to the Officer's Club (with our basket, of course) for a big Easter brunch. Emily's best friend Michael was there, so they ran around for half of the time. She sure loves him!
Emily had pretty much had enough, so it was definitely time to go, but we managed to get in some family pictures before we left. You can tell she wasn't really cooperating.
I am looking forward to the day when my kids can all look at the camera at once and smile.

Will that ever happen, though?

No comments: