Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo, revisited

Cinco de Mayo has to be one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. What other day can you prance around in a mexican dress and pretend you know Spanish? On Cinco de Mayo we celebrate Mexico's defeat over the French army, but I only know that because I just googled it. Really, it is just a reason for me to prance around in my mexican dress and pretend I know Spanish. I never really decorate for holidays, but Cinco de Mayo is celebrated with a completely different set of rules.

Senior year in college, I was brilliant enough to photograph an event we call "The Travelling Sombrero." I went around Northgate and got everyone I know to take a picture with the sombrero. It turned out to be a hit and even strangers were coming up asking to have their picture taken with the hat. I ended up with a total of 137 pictures of people wearing the sombrero from that night. (See what I meant by brilliant?) Here are few pictures to get you in the mood before your own fiesta this evening.


Ole!

No comments: