Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Our water baby

Today was a HUGE day!  Not only did Ted Cruz win the Republican Senate race, and the US win a gold medal in women's gymnastic, but my Emily learned to swim!  

This is quite amazing given the couple times we make it to the pool each summer.  I hate to admit this, but this is only the second time we have been the whole summer.  Apparently, having our cousins in town visiting from Chicago was key.


Earlier in the summer she would only go in the big pool with floaties on and she freaked out the whole time.  She was clinging on to us for dear life.  We were not surprised -- that is her M.O.  She is not our risk taker, which I am thankful for a lot!  Today, Emily went to the pool around noon with our cousins (and Aunt Mary Jo).  After Olivia and James' nap, we met up with them.  She was no where close to the same kid when we got there.  She was doing all kinds of crazy things water babies do -- not my Emily Grace.  I don't know what happened, but I am so excited for her.  She is growing up.  Tear.

I would say we need to start going to the pool more, but now that I have a child who has no fear of the water, I have a separate problem on my hands.


No comments: