Monday, June 14, 2010

New adventures in parenting

Waiting for Daddy to deploy

Daniel has been gone for almost 6 weeks. Although it isn't a deployment, any time over a month really starts to wear on you. I cannot wait for him to resume his role as my partner in this adventure we call life, but most of all I cannot wait for him to experience the next couple of months with Olivia. I like to believe that Daniel was deployed the perfect time during Emily's life. Although he missed most of her milestones, there isn't much you can do with a 3-10 month old. He got home just in time to see her take her first step (the biggest milestone there is, in my opinion), develop a personality, and truly interact with us. When he gets back, Olivia will be an age that he never got to experience with Emily. Daniel will soon watch Olivia roll over for the first time, watch her sit up and start crawling, and also watch as she takes part in our family dinners.

It's going to be an exciting couple of months for him.

I can't wait!


No comments: