Friday, May 7, 2010

Sister Time

Yesterday, we hosted the neighborhood coffee. I realized, besides baby toys, we have hardly age appropriate toys for Emily's friends. Emily spends most of her time a. reading, b. playing dress up, c. playing with her baby doll, or d. cleaning things with a wipe. The problem is that a. reading during a playgroup would be lame, b. boys don't want to play dress up, c. if anyone touched Emily's baby doll she would freak out, and d. nobody has a love for wipes or cleaning quite like me child. The kids spent the whole coffee running up and down my hallway. Whatever works, right?

I'm glad my child loves reading as much as she does. I don't know where it came from, though. We read a couple books a day, but I don't think I push it more than other moms. I just can't relate because I spent most of my time as a little kid doing science experiments or solving math puzzles. No joke. Whatever the reason, I'm glad she enjoys it. Plus, it provides for some sister bonding time.

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Combat Boots said...

That picture is toooooo cute. And how great that you have such a smart little girl!!

Jessica said...

Umm...hello?? You spent ALL of your free time playing school! You were the most organized pretend teacher ever....gradebooks and everything:)