Saturday, December 6, 2008

Yippee... I fit into my maternity dresses again!


Oh, how I once was so foolish!

Before we got married, I was going through my collection of dresses and decided that I was going to be set when I became pregnant. It's obvious that the styles these days allow pregnant women to shop in the non-maternity section for longer than days of yesteryear. This was also my justification for buying wonderful dresses for our wedding festivities because they would double as my maternity wardrobe. (I'm starting to wonder why I was shocked when I got pregnant a week after our wedding...) All of these dresses would, surely, fit my ever-expanding belly. I remember my sister-in-law's friend burst my bubble once when I was talking about my wonderful "maternity dresses", saying that my belly wouldn't be what wasn't fitting into my clothes in the beginning. I didn't believe her... then I became pregnant.

Although it took over 4 months to show, it only took a couple of weeks before those dresses were moved to the guest bedroom closet. (I didn't need a constant reminder of all the clothes that I didn't fit into.) For those girls who don't know what I am talking about, let's just say that shirts that didn't use to be revealing soon only become appropriate for the college club scene.

Anyways, I got up the courage to try on all my old dresses tonight, and I am happy to say I fit into them all, probably since I am almost done weaning the babe. I have a little bit further to go before I am back where I want to be. I can't lose any more weight (3 more pounds and I am down to my senior year size, which my friends would throw a fit about), I just need to tone up.

Bring on the second!
(I guess Daniel needs to come home first.)

No comments: